Young Farmers Challenge
The Young Farmer Challenge is an obstacle course where teams complete a number of problem solving tasks designed around agricultural and farming skills.
The Young Farmers Challenge is an opportunity to showcase agricultural and farming skills of youth in the community.
- The objectives of this challenge are to:
- Promote farming skills and techniques while using appropriate equipment through a set of practical field activities.
- Give exposure to new technologies for efficient farming.
- Promote safety at work and safe work methods, including the use of personal protective equipment and first aid.
- Showcase farmers as energetic, hardworking and multi-skilled people, in an action packed demonstration.
- Engage, educate and entertain rural youth, as well as the general public, from both metropolitan and rural backgrounds.
- Create a competition with integrity. A competition for real farmers with a strong and established reputation.
- Promote further youth involvement in shows and show societies.
- Foster the growth of the relationship between show societies, Queensland Chamber of Agricultural Societies and Next Generation.
If you are interested in participating, contact the Rockhampton Show Office to nominate.
Young Farmers Challenge Information
- Enquire about the Young Farmers Challenge »
- Young Farmers Challenge Indemnity Waiver »
- Young Farmers Challenge Flyer »
- Entree Fee:
$20.00 per team
- Entrees Due:
At the Administration Office
by 2.00pm Wednesday 14th
- Marshalling for Heats:
6.30pm Wednesday night at the
Walter Pierce gate to the Centre Ring